Brake Light

Straight6

New Member
I have an 83........etc. The check brake light on the dash board stays on but the brakes work fine can someone tell me what to check or look for?
 
Mine dose that , i have an 89 everything works fine. I just let the light be.
 
I had the same problem about a year ago and thought it was low on fluid but it turned out that the sensor on the side of the master cyl. reservoir was bad. I replaced it and the light went out. Some to consider. Good Luck!!
 
Easy enough to remove the light. I removed some when I installed my gauges. I'll look and see what I can remove when I take these out. I've got someone that's starting to make some gauge faces, since he was able to find a Bronco in a nearby junk yard. I'll see if I can get the luggage rack off of it, if it still has one.
 
most common cause of brake lite on is park brake switch try holding up on lever to see if lite goes out if not proportioning valve off center probably leak/air to rear brakes
 
If you recently had brake work done or have air in the line or a leak this will cause the light to come on, the thing works like a see saw if pressure is low on one side or the other the rod will shift and cause the light to come on telling you that you have a problem. I hope this helps ( might try checking the brake line along the frame my light came on and it turned out that the brake line had rusted thru on the frame (close call!!!) glad the light was there.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top