Body Work Shop Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter bortsbronc96
  • Start date Start date
B

bortsbronc96

Guest
I am looking for a body shop in the VA, DC, MD area that has experience doing work on big broncos. I was interested in getting a lift and some panels replaced that have rust damage. I am a novice at such work and I am looking to have it done right. Basicically, I need to find a place where I can take my truck and recieve honest suggestions about the best way to make the desired improvements. I have looked at several websites, but most shops are out west. Does anyone know of such a place in the area or does anyone know how I should approach finding such a place? If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatley appreciated.

bortsbronc96
 
My advice is to ask friends and folks at work if they have had body work or paint done to get references for a shop or two. Many shops make their primary income from insurance claims, and will charge you a couple grand to repair or replace body panels on an older vehicle. They may not have the time to work on your rig, etc. I went to a few body shops to get an estimate on my restoration project and eventually found an individual that did the work as a hobby.
Saved me a ton of cash, and he did a great job. He is a retired body shop owner with about 40 years of experience. You can find folks like this if you ask around, even check with the local auto parts stores. These guys usually get a bunch of supplies from there. If you get an estimate or two from a few shops, post up here and you'll get other's opinions on the price if it's right or too high. Don't let a shop "see you coming" or you can get ripped off!!!
 
Thanks for the advice. It sounds like asking around is my best option.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top