I have a 75 f250 2wd regular cab long box. I would like to make it 4WD. I have a 94 f350 4wd. Is it possible to put the body from the 75 onto the 94. Any help would be great?
I would say that it might be possible. you might have to find out the difference in the frame lengths if any. you might have to start at one point and measure the difference in mounting points on frame and body and some fabrication might have to be done to get it right. have you had some thought on steering column in using the '75 or '94?
Not yet but my 75 is a 4 speed and the 94 is an auto. But I also have a 74 that is an auto so I might be able to use it with an aftermarket likage between it and the gear box.
U will have to make custom Frame mounts .Different width and lenght . And modify stuff to clear frame . I read that the frames r longer or shorter and that frame will have to be cut to line up tires in wheel wells.
But I've seen it done.
But with all work . (and most guy want thje solid axle up front ) U can get a 70's 4x4 frame for Nothing ( I get whole trucks for under $500)
I take u r going to use 79 drive train .Or yank the fuel injection and put differnt cam and Carbed intake on it. The 94 has electronics on tranny (Easy to rewire ) ANd everything else . Speedo is Electric fed off rear end and tied into computer . Plus the electric fuel pumps. And lots more . It will take some time.
I could swap body on like style frame in a long weekend. where the other may take months . And I hate figuring out wiring