body swap 92 to 89

germanflames

New Member
Hello,
I have a 92 f150 thats got a bad motor and not a 4x4, I found a 89 f150 that is 4x4 and the motor is in great shape. Both motors are the 300. What I was wondering is it possible to swap the 92 body onto the 89 frame and thats it, or is there anything else I would have to swap out also like the wiring harness. I would look at the truck but its 100 miles away and the lady selling it is could ony tell me it was a 300.
Thanks for any help.
 
whats wrong with the 89 body? if the body is fine and you just like the look of the 92 then you just have to swap the rad support, grill, hood,cowl, fenders and doors and you have a 92 4x4 built in 89
 
the body on the 89 is rusted out really bad from what i saw, but the frame looks great. Just figured it would be easier to switch bodies that everything else.
 
you'll have to pull the front clip off ( everything I listed before) disconnect all the wiring and cables that go to or from the cab, then you just pull the old cab off and plop the new one on. the box is easier you just have to remove the fuel filler neck and unbolt the box from the frame.

I would say rip the 89 apart first so you know what your dealing with so when you take the 92 apart you know how to do it without damaging anything.

good luck.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top