Body mount retainers?

fordmandan78

New Member
I am going to replace my old worn out rubber body mounts on my 78 f150. I am also adding a 2" body lift at the same time. My question is, how many body mount retainers will I need? Do I need top and bottom retainers? I have tried to research online and am confused now! Any help would be great, Thanks!
 
Unless 2wd is different from 4wd, there should be three locations of body mounts, radiator support, below front of floor pan, and back of cab. So twelve retainers are needed. If you can separate the two then you should be able to reuse them. I had to a solid piece of round stock and a hammer to separate the two. (the sleeve on one end of retainer gets smashed due to weight of vehicle, if not then you would have to replace them.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-617
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top