body lifts??

sreaminbronco

New Member
I wanted to get a 3" body lift for now and i was looking for some but all i could find was a performance accessories body lift. Are they any good and i heard that some of the blocks on a body lift could split and crack is this true? Whats so bad about a body lift besides the fact that there is a gap?
 
I'm not a big fan of body lifts, but thinking about one just because I have to replace my body mounts anyway. I can't open the doors under flex when wheeling. Another place you could look at is:


http://www.suspensionconnection.com/

If you do a body lift before you put new tires on you'll definately be able to fit the 33s on. Just remember your rim has to be at least 8" wide to accomodate the width of a 12.5" wide tire. My stock rims on my 94 are only 7.5" wide, therefor I'm only running 32x11.5x15s until I can afford new rims.

Roger
 
On my 79 I needed to replace the body bushings, so I decided to go ahead and put a 2" body lift on it. If you get the neophreme bushings they should last a long time, and as long as you put everything together right you should'nt have a problem with anything breaking.
 
sreaminbronco said:
I wanted to get a 3" body lift for now and i was looking for some but all i could find was a performance accessories body lift. Are they any good and i heard that some of the blocks on a body lift could split and crack is this true? Whats so bad about a body lift besides the fact that there is a gap?
[snapback]15628[/snapback]​
dude dont get a body lift ,im telling you. you will be sorry later .i had a body lift in my old truck and the block pushed thru the flor of the body and my truck waz leaning and i couldent figer out why.get coil spacers or somthing
 
ive had friends with body lifts. they have had problems with overheating do to that the radiator moves up and you have to cut the fan shroud and their linkage on their tranny linkage hits the body since they have made the shifter longer to reach. i will never get a body lift.
 
depend what kinda body lift you want,and what for! it may cause a problems in case of impact,rollovers and overload,but i think its great and cheap way to get a couple of inches on your truck:) if you wanna get a good ones,look for a one that has a metal pipes inside(like some engine mounts),it should have a weight limit shown on a box(try to get one with more weights),if you'll have to load your truck a lot,you may need a crossover bars under bed also,and all other stuff you like to put on,try to mount it to the frame-NOT A BED OR CABIN!!!(like a rollover cage or a toolbox)
the one bodylift i did on a K-5,couple of years ago,it was 3 inch and a 12inch susp. lift 40inch tires,did just fine!got in the mud up to the hood,and the hood was about 7 feet of the ground......
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top