Body Lift Question

walkdawg

New Member
I put on biggers tire and noticed that my body is resting on some thick rubber pads like a body lift but I was wondering if this is just stock or the someone put alift on it. Here is a pic:
 

Attachments

  • Bronco_Pics_001.jpg
    Bronco_Pics_001.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 20
Hello,
Not a stupid question!! No such thing.....
I've done a few of those body lifts and I can say that those are definitely the factory body mounts. Body mounts will always be "rigid" either a really hard plastic or metal, and you can either install the lift blocks and retain those smashed "bumpers" that are put on from the factory, but I'd recommend getting new ones from a dealer, but they're kinda high...
 
I meant to say that a body LIFT will be rigid...sorry! You can take them out, but your truck'll ride like a tank and you'll reduce your amount of lift...
 
Yeah, that is just the factory body mount bushing. By the looks of, it's the original one and in dire need of replacement! A full set of 10 is about $80-$100, but you might think about using the poly-urethane bushings instead. That's waht I have (Daystar) and it rides alot better. No body roll and not too harsh.
 
Thank You!! I thought they was but it just looked so much bigger with the 33's That I was wondering if it might have a body lift but you are right they need replaced and plan to do allot of restoreing to this big beast. Thanks Again.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top