Biggest Tires On Stock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blitz4075
  • Start date Start date
B

blitz4075

Guest
what are the biggest tires you can put on stock? i here 33x12.50's or would 32x 11.50's fit a little better with less rubbing??? im lookin at BFG mudders
 
let me add to that i just saw the super swamper thornbirds 33/10.50x15 (a)
33/11.50x15 (a)
33/12.50x15 (B)
and swamper radials 33/10.50R15 (a)
33/12.50R15 (B)


what is the best width to go with on a stock no lift full size????????????????
 
i have pathfinder all terrains 32 11.50 15r and they only rub a little bit when my wheels are turned all the way. stock everything
-brenden
 
31x10.5 whatevers; No rub
32x11.5 whatevers; Little rub depending on bs of wheel
33x12.5 whatevers; Lots of rub/might not fit depending on how much sag is in your springs/bs of wheels

I highly suggest the 31X11.5 Super Swamper LTB or Possibly their 34x10.5 LTB because the LTBS tend to run heiniously small, and if i recall only measures to 32". Oh yeah Ltbs are very cheap. :D/
 
the length of the tire doesnt really matter. i men you should be able to fit a 34 with no problem. it is the width that will give you problems on a non lifted truck. 10.5 wont rub at all. 11.5 will rub a little when wheel is turned hard. forget 12.5 if you arent lifted. even a 3" body lift will get 12.5 to fit no problem. i have a 3'' body lift with 35x12.5R15 BF Goodrich all terrains and i have no rubbing anywhere.
 
:o I am kind of new the the bornco scene. I bought an 89 fs. It has 33-12.5's on it. In fact I just put 2 new ones on the front, along with new tierods and a pitman arm, $585.00. My tires do not rub at all, so does that mean I have a lift kit on her?
 
no its dosen't mean you have a lift. are you runnign stock or aftermarket wheels. aftermarket wheels might have more of a backspacing. i have an 84 bronco that the front springs and shocks were wore slam out. i was running 15x8 wheels with a 4 inch backspacing and only rubbed one the passenger side at a full lock. so it also depends on what type of wheel you are running as well.
 
I have aftermarket rims. They are made by american racer or american racing. 12.5 inchers. I have been trying to find out what they are worth, but they are discontinued. I have been told they are basically worthless to at least worth over $400 for the set without rubber. I wouldn't mind going to a stock tire and rim but since they were on it when I bought it I will probably keep them.
 
blitz4075 said:
what are the biggest tires you can put on stock? i here 33x12.50's or would 32x 11.50's fit a little better with less rubbing??? im lookin at BFG mudders
i think it depends more on how/where you drive and the rim width. narrower rims will allow a taller tire. this will not help if you rock crawl but will be fine for cruising the beach :)


will the later year fords with the radial fender arches house a bigger tire then the ealier models ?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top