Bigger Tires

No I don't. ITs all stock. I got them off a buddy who had them on his and he is lifting his and putting 36". They worked fine on his. So they should work okay on mine just will loss some turning radius. :)
 
The 33's should fit fine on your '89, may only rub on the radius arms at full-lock. You can get a bit more clearance up front by spacing the bumper out 1/2-3/4 inch. They will look great!!!
 
Thank you!! I knew that I saw that I can not turn all the way but I dont like to do that anyway. About Spacing the bumper what would be the best way? I have also thought about a small bodylift just to give some room. I just was liking the way it is now I just wanted some more meat for when I take her out on the beach or throught the sand.
 
A 1-2" body lift would be OK and its easy to install. I had a 3" body lift and went with a 1" lift coil (snowplow coil option from Rancho). The rear is always higher in the Broncos so the 1" lift up front leveled it out. I had to add angled ball joint shims to correct the caster/ camber. I fit 35's under it. The biggest regret was the body lift. I would get high centered on the skid plate under the transfer case. Suspension lift is a much better way to keep happy but its alot more work dropping the TTb front end to keep things aligned. Longer radius arms will also alow more flex. Here's a photo of it...
 

Attachments

  • 1989br_1.jpg
    1989br_1.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 28
That looks sweet. I really like that look so you only got a 2" body lift. I was going to dothat becuase I dont go $wheeling very often I mainly just drive to work and home. I do like to take it down on the beach and play in the sand. I was going to wait and buy everything at once then do it but My buddy just gave me these tires. So I cannot let them just lay around soif I dont like it its just time wasted not alot of money. But you have a nice truck cannot waitt until mine gets to look that good.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_021.jpg
    Picture_021.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 27
As far as spacing the bumper out 1/2-3/4", just undo the bumper bolts and insert some flat washers between the bumper and frame and reinstall the bolts with the washers on'em. You may need longer bolts and should do that if you have to cut the old ones off. Just get new ones about 1" longer.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top