Best way to lower front spring buckets

ut4x4

New Member
I have a 79 f-150. I have already flipped the rear shackles. I now have a serious rake. I was trying to lift the front end to match. Any body have ideas.
 
ut4x4 said:
I have a 79 f-150. I have already flipped the rear shackles. I now have a serious rake. I was trying to lift the front end to match. Any body have ideas.
[snapback]16245[/snapback]​

the best way would be to buy new springs which you can get very inexpensive
but you have to change a few things = drop pitman arm, drop track bar, drop radius arm bracket, longer shocks and different degree bushings for the front end. some of this you can do yourself if you have the tools and equipment i just did what you are talking about and if money is somewhat an issue do as much research as possible. i found my shocks on an EBAY store named(SCRATCH_AND_DENT)($130 for 6) my 4" front spings on JACKIT.COM
($140 w/shipping) and poly bushings on ACMETRUCKPARTS.COM ($124.99) w
4 degree radius bushings. everything else exept for the drop pitmanarm i built myself including the the rear flip shackles i can help with details if you need them.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top