Bellhousing

  • Thread starter Thread starter billybroncojr
  • Start date Start date
B

billybroncojr

Guest
Just wondering if the bellhousing on my 79's 4-speed 300 is the same for 302/351w. I ask because I know on the EB's the bellhousing is shorter so the motor will fit in the engine bay. I can't see that being a problem with the fullsize but I want to know if I need to start looking for a bellhousing.

Thanks,
Jeff
 
The 170 and 200 ci 6 cyl in the EB used the same bell housings as the Mustangs etc of that era.
The 289 and 302 EB's also used the same bell housings as the other Ford models.
The difference in length of the EB's motor/ trans assembly was found in the length of the trans to t/case adaptor. (the V-8's was longer)
IF I remember correctly the 300 inline 6 uses the same bellhousing as the 302 and 351 engines.
 
Thank you very much! One less thing I have to scrounge for!

Later,
Jeff
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top