battery goes dead

iforgot

New Member
I have a 1978 F-250 camper special. New bat., alt., voltage reg., and selenoid. I put the new bat. in, drove the truck for about 20 min., shut it off and it would hardly crank. What is left that could drain the battery this quickly?
 
I have a 1978 F-250 camper special. New bat., alt., voltage reg., and selenoid. I put the new bat. in, drove the truck for about 20 min., shut it off and it would hardly crank. What is left that could drain the battery this quickly?


double check to see if there isnt anything being left on (dome, interior lights etc.). Check to see if alt. belt tight?
 
try to un hook your negative battery cable and put a a 12 volt test light between the negative cable and the negative battery post with ignition off doors closed if the test light comes on you have a negative amp draw go to your fuse box and pull a fuse one by one tell the light goes out you can find your draw that way
 
double check to see if there isnt anything being left on (dome, interior lights etc.). Check to see if alt. belt tight?
if u have a spark when u remove ur batt. cables u have a open circuit . check ur batt. with a meter with truck running u should have 12-14 volts. ive bough a voltage reg new it was bad. ;)
 
Add a gound to it. From battery to frame and motor. I had a truck act same way every time. Not that battery got drianed but would crank slow if at all.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top