Ballpark Figure, Bronco Questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter NastyBad
  • Start date Start date
N

NastyBad

Guest
Down the street from me there's a house with a early Bronco. It has been sitting in the drive way for about 4 ~ 5 years now. There are spiderwebs and such on it and I doubt that it runs. It is white, has a lift and looks like it some 35" tires or so (guessing). It needs fresh paint etc. I plan on asking them what they plan for it, and if there are no plans, if they would sell it to me.

What are some key things to look for in shooting a price at them? What are some known problems I should look for? How much does one like I discribed go for?

I can post pictures tomorrow of it.
 
Well, I doubt it runs after sitting that long. If you get a chance to fire it up, pull each spark plug and squirt oil into the hole to releave the rings that might be rusted in place one day prior to start up.

Find these first, does it have a Dana44 with disc brakes up front, what the gear ratio, see if it has lockers and what kind, does it have a roll cage, what size motor, which tranny and t-case.

If its a Dana30 front end, D20 tcase, V8 not running, little rust, small dents and interior work needed like windows, dash etc. then itsworth $1500. But I;ve seen some sell for $500. Get photos and more info for an accurate price.
 
I know it does have a roll cage, the rest I will find out tonight hopefully if they are at home. Thanks for your input. Keep them coming guys.
 
It also depends on what part of the country you are in. For instance, I live in Colorado, where I see EB's on a daily basis. Here I could get in the neighborhood of 10-12k for mine but if I were to take it to California where they are a little more rare and the yuppie factor puts "different" vehicles onto a higher demand curve, I could bump that price 1500 to 3k. So, in otherwords, get as much information on the EB as you can, tell us where it is, and you will be able to get a better estimate for what you are looking at. Then you can make an educated guess at the value and low ball this guy if he (or his wife...they tend to want "junkers" out of sight) is just wanting to get rid of it.
 
Good call on the wife idea! I bet you can get it for a steal if the husband isn't around. Although I'd be pissed if I can home to no Bronco...
Who knows, maybe she's good lookin and you can work it! :-"
 
QUOTE Although I'd be pissed if I can home to no Bronco...

That would suck eggshells... :)
 
QUOTE (Broncoholics @ Nov 4 2004, 10:42 AM) Good call on the wife idea! I bet you can get it for a steal if the husband isn't around. Although I'd be pissed if I can home to no Bronco..."
Probably about as pissed as she'd be when she came home to new locks, and a porch with all her stuff on it.

Brad
 
A no rust Bronco?Doesn't matter what it has for equipment.Nothing wrong with a early model with a D-30 front end.Be even better if it wasnt chopped in the rear to fit those 35" tires.2-3000.bucks for a complete truck that hasnt been trashed would be a steal if all complete.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top