Back Bumper After Lift

  • Thread starter Thread starter MXP
  • Start date Start date
M

MXP

Guest
I lifted my 89 bronco , we lifted up the front bumper there isant no gap there but theres a gap inbetween the back sumper and the tailgate . is there anything to do about it besides buying a rollpan?
 
Sorry that was me , what we did was there was 2 other holes on the bumper we rasied the screws and parts in to the higher holes.
 
There has to be room for the tailgate to clear the bumper when it is down so there will be a gap . If you raise the body up 3 inches you can raise the bumper 3 inches and keep it looking stock . I made my bumper brackets and they look something like this


--------------------------
/ . . ]
/ ]
___________________ / . ]
[ ______________]
[ . . /
[ . /
[_________________________/

Pretty creative huh just measure how far out it has to be and add a 3 inch incline and your all set . 1/4 inch plate is fine to cut it out of cause if you think about it the frame is only like 3/16 so no need for 1/2 like some people do . Hope this helps :D
 
Something like this :D
 

Attachments

  • bumper_bracket.JPG
    bumper_bracket.JPG
    946 bytes · Views: 44
Ill post pics of my home made rear mounts (work awesome!!). I used 3/8" plate and the look very similar to Blade's. I mounted it with 8 grade 8 bolts (could've used 12 but have a reciever hitch) I used a sawz-all and hand drill to make them and it took me about 1/2 hour. If my wife would only get me that plasma cutter for xmas....
 
Ill post pics of my home made rear mounts (work awesome!!). I used 3/8" plate and the look very similar to Blade's. I mounted it with 8 grade 8 bolts (could've used 12 but have a reciever hitch) I used a sawz-all and hand drill to make them and it took me about 1/2 hour. If my wife would only get me that plasma cutter for xmas....
they sell brackets to fix that problem when you do a body lift
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top