Axles

  • Thread starter Thread starter ha-y-n Bronco
  • Start date Start date
H

ha-y-n Bronco

Guest
I have a 1995 Ford Bronco XLT with a 5.0L V-8. It's a 4-wheeldrive with manual transmission. I am curious to know what types of axles I have for the front and rear and what my gear ratio is. Thanks Everyone.
 
First off, Welcome to the B Zone.

There should be an ID tag inside the door on the driver's side that has the code for your axles. I personally do not know the codes for the newer Broncos but I know someone here does. Get that code and post it here and someone can tell you.
 
once you get the code off the tag go to broncodata.com look up under axle id and with the code on the list match it to the ratio ,good luck
JFR-
 
Axle types front D44 TTB and rear 8.8" like others on gear ratio. get axle code on door jamb or look on one of the rearend bolts get the info off the tag. Most common gear ratio with those axle is 3.54 front and 3.55 rear.
 
TXQH is correct on the axle type. Either the door jamb label or th metal ID tag will tell you the gear ratio, and whether or not you have a limited slip unit in the 8.8"

You don't see too many 5.0L with the manual tranny after 1990 in the Bronco. Great rig!!! B)
 
check the tag on the driver side door frame.

it'll then decode it in your owners manual.

should sort it from ABS/NON ABS too. (not too sure about the 92-96 generation)
 
Thanks guys. I'm going to do that right away. You guys are a huge help.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top