Does anyone know beyand a shadow of a doubt what spline the early axles are . I need to know but need to be certain . I need a 30 spline one the passenger side length . Thanks
Ford 9" rearends in 4x4's were limited slips which every one I have seen were 31 spline. If you have a 28 chances are it's not the one that came in youre 4x4.
All Im really interested in is the front axle spline thanks for everyones help . What Im doing is cutting down a full sixe dana 44 to fit in a bronco 2 the drivers side is fine but the passengers is way too long so I have cut the knuckle loose on the passenger side so that I can now cut the tube down to the length of the early bronco axle so that it will fit in the housing the way it should once I get the length right Ill weld the knuckle back on at the right caster angle and Ill be all set . The cost of having that axle cut down and resplined is crazy and a brand new axle shaft from the graveyard is $120 So for $120 and a little bit of my time Ill have a full size dana 44 that has been narrowed under my bronco 2 . Thanks for all the help now if I could figure out how to change the bolt pattern from 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 so I dont have to change rims Ill be all set . Running an explorer rear end in it which is a 31 spline 8.8 with an auburn limited in it and have never had any problems
Thats what I do. Buy F250 axle shafts out of the junk yard cheap and have them cut down and re-splined to fit my early Bronco D44. You can get 5-760X spicer u-joints to help strengthen it up. The 5-297X will break easier than them.