I got my AOD transmission in my 77 already to roll with the exception of the neutral safety switch i do not have that hooked up. I was wondering what i need to do to hook it up?
You need the wiring pigtail that plugs onto the tranny and I beleive its the 2 red wires that are for the neutral safety and the black one and the black with a purple stripe are for the backup lights .
You can get it new from ford would be worth checking the price . Ford used the AOD in there trucks from 87 to 91 then they switched to the E4OD so 87 to 91 is the years your looking for if you go to a yard . The connector is round and I think it has 6 pins in it I have one on an aod outta my 89 in the garage Ill look at it to be sure . I dont want to get rid of that one though in case I ever want to put it back in . I have someone I can check with to see if he has one though . Ill get back to ya .