Anyone Have A Procomp Lift?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bronco831
  • Start date Start date
B

bronco831

Guest
Ok, I also posted this at fullsizebronco.com, but I'm just looking for a little more feedback..

I have a '90 XLT and I recently purchased a ProComp 6" Stage II lift.
I started tearing apart my front end this past weekend and started putting the new parts on..

as I came across the front drop bracket (the one that the drivers side axle pivots on) it doesnt fit! :(( theres about a 1/2" gap to where it should bolt on!

I was just wondering, if they sent me the wrong kit or has anyone else had this prob? ...

here are the pics of the bracket :
getfile.php


and heres the gap
getfile.php


I need help ASAP. [-o< [-o<
I've talked to ProComp and they just tell me to make spacers for it or to use washers to make up for the space. but that just seems shady..
 
Does the bracket not fit due to it hitting part of the frame/crossmember? You may be able to grind off some metal from the inside portion to make it fit, either on the Bronco or the bracket (preferred) to get the two pieces to flush together. I would not, repeat, would not put 1/2"-1" of washers inbetween to get it to work. There is too much stress on that part that can break the bolts off. Pro Comp may tell you that machining differences and such cause this problem, so that's why I suggest if you can work on the bracket to make it fit, that's the solution. If it's too far off, you may need another bracket. Since it's a 6" lift, the axle pivot bolt should go into the bottom hole. But the bracket should be much closer than in the pic for proper support.

My $0.02
 
Well i dont have a procomp lift i have BDS 6" my bracket looks the same but it fit properly the space where you have the gap my bracket is a longer on my 85 bronco and fit tightly to the frame . If you build a space i would make sure you do it solid i really wouldn't stack washers to fill that gap . If the gap is 1/2 " use a piece of steel that thickness and predrill the holes.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top