Another New Guy

  • Thread starter Thread starter big b
  • Start date Start date
B

big b

Guest
hello bronco world! I just bought my first bronco about 2 weeks ago. As I was driving it home I noticed that the steering wasn't responding quite the way I expected it to. I talked to a couple of guys about it and they said that it probably was my steering gearbox. So without taking the truck apart what is ths easiest way to check the steering box? :wacko:
 
Welcome to the B-zone. I had to replace my steering box because it was rear stiff. I first had to replace the steering pump then the lines then I knew it was the box.
 
Welcome, Big B, to BZ!!! Check for any slack or play in the steering linkage and steering shaft. There is an adjustment screw on the gearbox, too. Tighten it only in 1/4 turn increments, though!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top