Annoying Squeek At Low Speeds

  • Thread starter Thread starter badassbronc722
  • Start date Start date
B

badassbronc722

Guest
hello everyone, I have a 1996 bronco and I just put it in 4wd the other day for the first time since i bought it, it was insanely dusty and now there is a low speed constant squeek that is driving me nuts, its no the brakes or trans what else could it be.....i have sprayed lithium grease on the hub seals on the inside where the shaft goes to the hub thinking that that was it but still there.....any ideas
thanks
 
Run over a squirrel?

Maybe it's haunting the truck :D

And it was rather rude of you to call him a joint... :D :D
 
Are you sure the hubs are disengaged. If they are not actually disengaged, you may be hearing a frozen axle bearing cutting it's way thru the axle.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
BigNasty said:
Run over a squirrel?

Maybe it's haunting the truck :D

And it was rather rude of you to call him a joint... :D :D
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
LMFAO
 
Put the truck on jack stands ( all four corners), lock the hubs, shift into 4WD, and get under there to find the squeak.

My bet is on U-Joints being the stock ones are non-greaseable.
 
Since we're having a related comment, I have a problem with my Bronco:

I get a clicking sound from the front passenger's side and from the rear driver's side. A friend of mine with an 86 F-150 said the front passenger's could be the speedometer cable, but didn't really know what the rear driver's one would be. They both happen with every full wheel-rotation. Front one I notice when I drive by a building or something with my radio turned down, but the back one is over twice as loud and sounds crappy.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top