Annoying Chime

  • Thread starter Thread starter 96ranger5spd
  • Start date Start date
9

96ranger5spd

Guest
Hello! I am new to the forums. I have tried to join a few other Ford Ranger Forums, but they never seem to work, like a chevy. I'm hoping this forum will work this time. Anyway, the most important question I have right now is probaly one that you guys have heard alot about. It's that stupid chime sound that these trucks make. I am trying to locate where the device is that makes the sound. Someone said it is located under the dash about 3 inches to the left of the ash tray. I know it is under the dash, but I cannot get to it. I simply want to unplug it. I know that it rings to let you know if you leave your lights on, but i am willing to risk a dead battery. If anyone here has a fix or solution (no fuse pulling, since your speedo and wipers are controlled by the same fuse) I would like to know what it is. I have some more tech related questions (drivetrain, suspension questions) but this is the most important right now. Thanks for your help.
 
Your warning chime is part of the GEM module (generic electronic module) It controls most of your interior electrical systems. So you cant unplug it. On newer models you can have your Ford dealer enable and disable the chime with a scan tool.
 
well on a bronco 2 from 86 to 89 it's located right behind your glove box and you can unplug it but i don't know about any other truck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top