Alternators

  • Thread starter Thread starter biggnat79
  • Start date Start date
B

biggnat79

Guest
Looking for a good high output alternator that will power any future electrical additions I might eventually be able to afford. Any suggestions?
 
well best place to go and people are going to yell at me for this but auto zone can tell you what the most powerfull and safest alternator you can put in your rig.
 
:D I guess I am lucky . I have several alt. rebuilders in my area that have had a lot of experience and can tell how many amps are safe and will build to that for $1.00 an amp.
I recently priced a new alt. for my B2. The basic 65 amp was $139.00, he rebuilt mine to 100 amp for $100.00 ( Off vehicle).
100 Amps is lots for my B2 as I don't have a large stereo or a lot of off road lites.
Canadian prices.
Hope this is of some help.
clap.gif
 
you can go to your local salvage yard and they can look up your truck and tell you what ones will be a direct swap and what amperage there are DAVE
 
Ordered the 200 amp from motorcityreman.com Got it powdercoated red. Took a little grinding and a new bolt to get it in, but it looks and runs great. Now I can roll down my windows while idling and the engine wont die. Now all I have to do is replace the water pump and I will be able to start saving for the suspension and tires.
 
Go to your local parts store, they ussually have great warranties. You can never have too much alternator. I run a 140amp i dont have to worry with all my lights and stuff.
 
try taking a look at a powermaster alternator. They make a 200amp one if you really wanna go nuts.
 
Don't forget to use a thivker gauge wire fro mthe alt ot the battery so you don't burn nothin' up. One of the Summit Racing catalogs has a great write-up on laternators!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top