A/c Coolant

JBronco

New Member
I got a Question for the experts. I have an 88 Bronco and I made the mistake of putting the r34 coolant in my AC i bought a adapter so that it would fit onto my valve. Since then i have been informed that is very bad for your engine luckily I learned that no to long after i put the r34 in so i had only ran the AC a few times however the AC did blow cool when i put it in but i dont want to use it anymore if it is gonna mess up my engine. Any suggestions?

JBronco
 
Who told you that? However, you probably mixed it with r12. You are supposed to have the system purged to a negative pressure prior to putting in r134a.

Here is a quote from another site in their frequently asked questions section

Question

Where can you buy freon to charge your air conditioner?

Answer

Any auto parts store should have this older cars use R12 and you need a permit to buy this.

R134a in the newer models you can buy just about any where you get auto parts.

Answer


Depends on what type of freon your car uses. If it is pre 1994ish you will probably need R-12 freon. Unless you are certified to purchase it, you will have to go to a service statioin. If your car is a later model it probably uses R-134a. This can be purcased at your local auto parts store. I have found the best deals at Bumper To Bumper"

Here is a link to some good information on the subject.


http://www.lenzdist.com/Prods.html

Good luck,

:)>-
 
PS

I don't see how this could have any effect on your engine since it has no contact with your engine. However, doing wht you did may have an effect on the AC system. From what I understand, there are some noncompatable components in the two refrigerants. I think it has to do with the oil in it.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Please post your questions in one forum.
Check your post asking the same thing in the "80-Up Ford Truck & Bronco Tech Support" forum, I have posted a reply to this question there.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top