A/c Add-on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cockedlockedR2R
  • Start date Start date
C

cockedlockedR2R

Guest
I have an 86 Bronco I want to buy but need a/c so I can ride the new baby around. This super clean ride came from the factory with no a/c. Is the a/c able to be added? Where can I find one? Any idea on the cost? Can it be done by the weekend warrior or do I need to leave it to a pro?
 
I'm sure you can find aftermarket units if you do a google search. However, you could get most of the parts from a junk yard. Cost depends on the particular yard. You will need to get mounting brackets, compressor, (2) coils (one in front of the radiator, one in by the heater coil) some additional ductwork under the dash, change the dash parts that contain the vents, control components under the radio, hoses, new housing that holds the heater coil and AC coil mounted on the fire wall. I may have left something out, but I would guess it would cost a few hundred plus the time to rip the old system apart and install the new one. Not a weekend job but you don't need to do it all in one shot. Break it into doable steps that don't take your truck out of service. If you can find someone parting out a truck with AC in it, that might be the least expensive.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Aftermarket companies like Vintage Air and Air Vintiqe sell aftermarket kits for street rods and older cars but they can be easily installed by anybody and be installed in just about everything. I think there kits run about $1000 with the compressor and everything else you need besides the charching. That kit also would have heat.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top