98 F250 light duty vs 98 F150

Ryan Schneider

New Member
I am thinking about buying a 98 f250 light duty (f150 body) I want to know if the f250 light duty is the same as the f150 with more leaf springs or is it differant like the diff. and transfer case etc.
 
TO MY KNOWLEDGE THE DIFFERENCE IS THE AXLE SHAFTS. FIVE BOLT 6500 GVWR AND SIX BOLT 7700 GVWR. FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THE REAR AXLES "10.25" ARE THE SAME FRONT AXLES AND T-CASE ALSO. I SAY SHAFTS AND TIRES ARE THE DIFFERENCE IN MY SITINGS.
 
I am thinking about buying a 98 f250 light duty (f150 body) I want to know if the f250 light duty is the same as the f150 with more leaf springs or is it differant like the diff. and transfer case etc.
there are a few differances frames are diff,rear axle ,front calipers;all springs and if i remember right control arms and shocks.[ worked on the assembly line in norfolk for 14 years
 
I have an f250 light duty 4x4 when I climb the hills on the road heading to the white mountains here in arizona. I just can't get it past 50 mph unless I use passing gear and I am running empty no load. Is that just how the engine is built or do I need to beef it up some how?
 
Hello all,

I have a 98 f250 ext cab 4x4 4.6l with 118136 miles on it. I am burning oil somewhere and don't know where. I don't see any smoke and no leaks.Any suggestions? Also should I add lucas to my next oil change or sea foam? What is the best one out there and will it help or make things worse/

Thanks for your help
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top