97F2507.5L

Brian's F250

New Member
Has anyone information on a supplier of turbochargers for a 7.5L (460) engine?

I have a 460 engine which has been bored out 0.060 oversize with flattopped pistons and a Lunati cam which I want to turbocharge, so I'm looking for a supplier of turbochargers which will fit. I'm only looking for about 8 lbs of boost.

I'm building a truck which will be powered with propane. I plan to install a 20" diameter tank in the bed and a pair of 12" tanks to replace the dual gas tanks. I should have about 80 gallons capacity, but lots more weight, so I want to turbocharge it for more power.

I had a 78 Lincoln which I converted to propane so I know what I'm doing on the conversion, but I didn't turbocharge it.

All comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
 
yo,
I tried to reply on 28 JUN but I guess it didn't get through.
Here are 2 links to look @:

"...Garrett turbocharger off a 7.3 PowerStroke Ford Van. Engine is a bone stock ’96 EFI 460 Big Block. Turbocharger is remote mounted just under the stacks. 3″ exhaust engine back to the turbo, 3″ “up pipe” from the turbo into the stacks. 2″ pipe to supply boost to the front mount intercooler, from which it goes into 3″ for the MAF. Stainless steel oil lines to and from the turbo. Oil return is done by a 12v gear pump, and is pumped right into the passenger side side valve cover. Oil is supplied by port on filter housing. Stock EFI system was converted to MAF and sequential injection with a ’95 F-150 California 5.0 V8 computer. It will be tuned with a moates quarterhorse. 36 lb/hr injectors were installed as well. Power is being sent through a stock E4OD automatic with a TransGo Shift-Kit..." by admin @
http://www.turbosmart.com/garrett-turbo/turbo-ford-460-big-block-v8-start-up-and-rev/


"Project TT460 was started back in 1997 after I acquired the '78 Ford Fairmont body and a complete fuel injected 460 cubic inch engine with a C6 transmission. I added two Garrett TO3 turbochargers and an aftermarket fuel injection system and had an extremely streetable combination that ran 11s at over 120MPH in the 1/4 mile. I retired this project in 2005 and have dismantled the car for other purposes. If you'd like to know more,
http://www.undrprsr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=42

and
http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/309110-Ford-460-turbo-question

Hope you come back here soon to see this & post your project w/pics!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top