97 f150 rockcrawler

lemming

New Member
Hey, new guy here with a few questions. First off, i'm pretty new to Fords (being a jeep guy) and i just acquired a 97 f-150 from my father in law for free (it's his old work truck that is REALLY beat). I want to put a solid axle up front but i'm not sure what, i plan on running atleast 36"s and need strength. Also, a friend of mine has 502 ( that's actually a 460? right?) with a 3 speed auto, and a T case for $500. I'm not sure what it came out of. My questions are these... what type of front axle to use ( I'm building this as cheap as possible)
What kinds of problems or issues will i have converting to solid front axle. What types of problems will i have putting the big block in there? and does anyone have ideas as to what t case that could be, along with what the low speed geering is? Thanks alot. sorry if these questions seem stupid.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top