96' Mirrors On An 82'

cjbronco

New Member
I know that this is a common swap, but I want to put some side vie mirrors from a 96' and put them onto my 82' They are both manuel, my one concern is that will the newer ones fit without any modification? :P
 
I swapped the mirrors from my 88 parts Bronco onto my 84, but they are both the "swingout" style. The 96 mirrors may be the ones on a stalk, using different mounting holes.
 
No, you do need to make the round hole bigger and square it out. You also should get the correct mounting bracket from a junk yard or the dealer.
I did it on my Bronco and it was a little bit of a pain.

I suggest you replace the doors with the ones for the 92 - 96 so you don't have to do any cutting, that is if they are rusty.
I will get some pics of mine later today or this weekend.
 
I need some special brackets? They dont just bolt into he dorr like they swing arm ones? If i put the bolts through, couldn't I just add the nut on the other side of the door to make them stay in place? Thanks :P
 
Theres a bracket on the mirror you gotta bolt to the inner door frame The outer skin is not strong enough to support the weight of the mirror
 
Correct, if you don't have the inserts under the door skin for the bolts, it won't be pretty. The swingout-style mirrors add quite a bit of leverage, even though they are not heavy, they will still rip out the skin. I agree that it's a pain to fab up some kind of support, so stock doors with the mounting holes you want would be the best. Even the stock inserts can strip out, and the mirrors are flopping around. Guess the ? is what style are you looking to install?
 
im looking to install the aftermarket mirrors for the 93-96 bronco/f150. They would be manuel bc i dont feel like having to del with running all the wires and motor. Now what if i take a 1/4in peice of metal, drill two holes into it where the bolts will go through then put a nut on it with a washer? would this you think be strong enough for the support? :P
 
sorry, the mirrors need the strength of the inner door panel, the outer door skin is just not strong enough to support the weight of the mirror
 
i have a 92 with the "sport" mirrors and my support broke and it bounced on every crack of the road making it useless until i had the support welded back together if i hadnt had it fixed it would have torn the skin, you could tell just by the way it moved. also in 96 it was the first year they used turn signals in the mirror or maybe 95 but thats something to think about too(wiring)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top