96 F350XL Vacuum Lines Diagram

redfalcon

New Member
Hi everybody. I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.
I bought an F350XL 1996 and took it to the mechanic who replaced the engine (Actually he made an engine out of two broken engines). Anyway when I picked up the truck he said that he had problems with the vacuum lines since he didn't have a diagram and does not where exactly they go. This is supposed my work truck and I am stuck because it keeps shutting off when idle. My mechanic said he still looking for a diagram but not avail. Can anybody please help me with this issue? Anywhere I can get the diagram for? Do you think he is lying on the reason why it keeps shutting off?

Thanks!

Gio
 
Yo,
Welcome!
Stop by local Ford dealer parts dept. & ask for
Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal,have VIN with you.
Contains the Vacuum Diagram for you F350.
Here is a sample;
http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/images/a10418g.gif
Item Part Number Description
1 Adjustment Procedure Notes
2 Ignition Timing Specification
3 Engine Vacuum Hose Routing (Typical)
4 Spark Plug Gap Specification
5 Engine Type
..
Yes, major vacuum leak Will Cause a rough idle or stalling.
.....
Btw, 96 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (PARTIAL) by FORD at http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stjleft.htm

Recalls; check with VIN at dealer or on-line @ Ford; esp. Speed (aka Cruise) Control recall; this recall has a life of its own and still undergoing changes; deals w/speed control deactivtation switch mounted on master cylinder; fires have been reported.
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage&gnav=footer-owners
Also, register to see any Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
..

Also, feel free to join our sister site at http://broncozone.com
Owned by same folks, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top