96 Bronco - Rear End Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephen Kelly
  • Start date Start date
S

Stephen Kelly

Guest
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a "thump" in the rear end when the truck is first starting out and coming to a stop. I just had a rebuilt transmission put in and it is shifting great; however, I've always had this "thump" in the rear end. It seems to be more evident when the truck has been driven awhile.

Thanks for any input.
 
If you come back here to read this -

Check a few things: make sure the Ubolts are still tight, keeping the spring pack tight to the spring perches on the axle. Make sure the spring perches themselves are rounded over at the ends. Have your rear diff checked out... the gears might be ruined
 
also check the bolt holding your pinion in place if that gets loose that will cause the same sound
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top