95 f150 running hot

reactorops

New Member
I have a 95 F-150 with a 302 engine. My engine started running hot last year so I ended up changing the thermostat, radiator, water pump, temp sensor. It still ran hot. After changing the fan clutch and going to a 180 deg therm it now runs about 1/3 scale. I tried to put the OEM 192 back in during the cold spell and the truck ran at 3/4.The only thing I havent chaged is the bottom radiator hose. The upper hose was hot to the touch but the bottom hose was just barely warm. What should I look for to chech for a head gasket leak?
 
Usually on a head gasket leak there will be coolant in the crankcase. Did you replace radiator cap or did you check timing?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top