95 f150 running hot

reactorops

New Member
I have a 95 F-150 with a 302 engine and 149000 miles. The engine syarting running hot 18 months ago. I change radiator, water pump, thermostat, and upper radiator hose. The truck no longer overheats but runs 3/4 scale with the OEM thermostat( 192). I put a 180 degree in and it ran just above midscale. I then changed the fan clutch and the temp dropped to 1/3 scale. When I put the 192 back in it goes to 3/4 scale. I DONT GET IT. sYTEM HAS BEEN FLUSHED AND BOTTOM RADIATOR HOSE HAS BEEN CHECKED GOOD.
 
The water temp gauge r way off on most of these.Idiot light basically .. Could be sending unit or gauge and all else is fine...

But hook up a regular gauge and see. Sounds like you covered all the normal causes for this.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top