95 F150 Rear Axle

rednck7736

New Member
95 F-150 4x4.I changed the fluid in the rear axle a few weeks ago.I got out a mix of water and oil it looked like.I have had it for a year and havn't had it in any water.Previous owner I guess.Before I changed it the limited slip didn't want to work.Just one tire would spin.So I changed the fliud since it had a slight drip.Put 80-90 back in it with half a bottle of Lucis treatment.Then the limited slip started working right and didnt thing much of it.Now it sounds like it as a roar to it just in the past few day .Drove 30 miles home from work yesterday and I can't hardly put your hand on the diff its so hot.Tried to put fluid in it thinking it was low and was only able to get a 1/4 of a bottle in it maybe before it ran out.I'm think the bearing are wore down and need to be replaced.What do yaw think.I can't afford to be driving it and have the axle blow up on me.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top