95 Bronco Rear Window

  • Thread starter Thread starter mgd2rw
  • Start date Start date
M

mgd2rw

Guest
I just got a 95 Bronco and having problems with the rear window. It will only go down about 1 - 2 inches, then stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the window has to be down to open the tailgate, right???? (Sorry, first time owning a Bronco)
 
If you remove the access panel on the inside of the tailgate, you can check the condition of the window regulator and tracks. I had a simialr problem when I first got my 84 Bronco, and I think it just had alot of dust and grime and rust on the regulator. It took a whole can of WD-40, but I sprayed down both sides of the ends of the glass and the arms on the regulator. Worked the window up and down, and helped it along by hand with the aid of a friend. If the gear in the motor is stripped, you should still be able to help it along by pulling or pushing on the regulator. Just watch your fingers, and watch out for any critters living inside the tailgate.
 
man everyone is having problems with there windows. i have an 82 and i am still working on the original everything.i swear the windows are the only thing that does still work in the electrical system.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top