95 Bronco Front Seat Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jes4Kix
  • Start date Start date
J

Jes4Kix

Guest
I do not like the front seats in my 95 and looking for a change. A friend has a set of buckets out of a totaled 03 F350; does anyone know if this swap can be made? If not bolt in how tough would it be to fabricate brackets? Is it worth the effort?

Thanks,
Jes4Kix
 

Attachments

  • 95_Bronco.jpg
    95_Bronco.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 25
I would just swap everything form the f350 brackets and seats, You might just only have to drill new holes.
 
Yeah thats a purrdy truck! :D

I would check to make sure the seats slide forward to allow access to the back if you swap the whole deal from another truck. Also seatbelt compatability. Some seats have the belts tied into the seats, others, like a bronco have em tied into the truck. Make sure that matches. Overall, with a bit of fabbing, you can probably get most anything to fit.
 
Thanks for the input, the seats are out of a king cab and do not slide, I would have spaced that off till I tried getting to the back! thanks for mentioning it. Has seat swaps been a topic here before and if so what have the recommendations been? The seats in my 95 are narrow and offer very little lateral support to say the least. I am tired of getting a cramp from trying to hold on to the seat with my butt cheeks during some maneuvers. If I am going to get my sphincter in a knot I'd rather it be for taking things to the edge not for trying to stay in the seat. Has anyone here used the Recaro "Style" or "Mobility LXF" seat? Suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks for the complements on the truck. Like most it's a work in progress, ha, the more I do the more I want to do.
 
Thanks for the complements on the truck. Like most it's a work in progress, ha, the more I do the more I want to do.
Amen Brother!! haha

I've heard on other boards that seats out of an Exploder work fairly well.
 
Howdy Stomper 4X4,

I haven't heard of an Exploder, so not sure I want the Seats... yep, I know bad joke. I am going to look into the Explorer seats, might find something I like.

Thanks
Jes4Kix
 
it's not hard to pull your seats off the mountting frame and the same on the SD and fabbing them to fit. alot of bucket seats use almost the same mounting points. the bucket seats in my 79 bronco had seen there better days when i got it. 73-96 of F150/bronco's use the same seats and til 97 on F250/350 but i couldn't find any seats worth swappin in. So i pulled the 3 way bucket seats from reg. cab dodge. i plulled the mounting brackets and all the mounting points lined up perfect. the way the pass. side seat in by bronco flips forward to allow access to the back seat. the ram seat wouldn't lean far enough forward to allow easy access. so i took the seat pan from the bottom on the 79 seat and cutt the side lip off so it's be flat then used that to bolt the dodge seat to that way it'll mount to the flip up bracket on the 79 and works perfect. since i still had the flip up consol/seat left from the dodge seats i just removed the small center consol of the bronco and put the dodge consol/seat in it's place which gives it the look off a bench seat when consol is up or bench when it's down. since no one sits in that center seat i didn't bolt it down so it could easily be removed for cleaning or etra space. since it's fairly heavy, long and a low profile it don't slide or bounce around when offroading. it's even stayed put while doing some hill climps steap enough my rear bumper drags the ground as i'm going up it. once you get look at the brackets you'll see it's easy to mount most any bucket seat too.
 
Stomper4x4 said:
Overall, with a bit of fabbing, you can probably get most anything to fit.
yup and in some cases a lot of fabbing and it all will fit :o)
 
Thanks for all the input, sounds like I have more options than I thought I did. A little fabing I can handle, guess it's a matter of finding the seats I want and going to work to make them fit. Thanks for all the advice.

Jes4Kix
 
Fill us in on what you find that works. I see this question all the time. Good luck btw!!
 
Hello Im new here but have much experience in finding what fits and what doesnt with bronco,s I love these trucks and have many of them . Have you ever looked at Ford Aerostar seats . They are very nice sporty looking and most of them have power lumbar which is an easy 2 wire hookup if you want to make it functional . And also the bolt pattern on all i have found is so close to the same youd think they were meant to be in there . Also they should be cheap because who oges to the junkyard looking for minivan seats there all looking for the bronco or pickup seats . They also fit bronco 2 as well and look very nice . Just a thought :) I posted this somewhere else here tonight , hmmmm havent figured out the whole thing yet , But in advance sorry for the double post :)
 
love your truck, looks good with a 3" lift. how does it run the gears you have? i'm in the process of finding what works and what doesn't before i buy.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top