95 Bronco 302 - 351w Conversion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bryangossett
  • Start date Start date
B

bryangossett

Guest
I currently own a 95 xlt bronco with the 302 it is approaching the end of its usable life and I have had a friend who has a 1995 edie bauer 351w bronco for sale. His bronco was hit in the rear end and is willing to sell it to me at a very decent price. The motor and tranny are in great shape, dealership serviced with low miles.

I was wondering if you could point me to anyone that would know what kind of changes would need to be done to convert my 302 to the 351 format? I would have the complete vehicle, so I could use as much of the wiring etc that I would need to change it over.

my main concern is finding out how much of the factory wiring I would need to pull off the donor bronco, in order to swap it over?

And, will my factory ac bolt up to the 351w brackets? I dont want to damage my cold factory ac if I dont have to.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Bryan Gossett
 
Welcome to the Bronco Zone!
clap.gif

I THINK all you need to do is swap the computers. Everything should be the same because they are both the same years. There shouldn't be much of a differance between the two of them. Is the A/C bracket on the 302 in the same spot as the 351?
 
Hello Yes your ac pump will bolt right on top of the 351 bracket . The only thing youu cant do is use the brackets off the 302 on the 351 cause the spacing on the mounting bolts that hold it to the face of the motor are different . I do belive you have to change the computer but Im not sure on that could just hook everything up and if it didnt run right then switch it . They should both have the E4OD tranny so unless some of the engine management setting are different between the two there should be no difference. :D
 
i personally would stick to the 302 if you can find as good a deal as you got with that 351. i have two broncs. a 93 with a 351 and a 95 with a 302. the 351 has more power but i've had less problems with my 302, better mileage and performance. the 302 has 175,000 on it and is still running good. my 351 has about 135,000 and runs alright. i think they're both good motors and i'd take either one. but changing the thermostat, water pump and just about anything else was much, much easier on my 302. but it sounds like you got a killer deal so run with it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top