94 f150 4x4 tires

chodie87

New Member
last summer i put a 4 inch lift and 33's on my 94 f150xl 4x4 302 5.0. the stock tire size for that truck was 29's. now i want to add a 3 inch body lift and put on 35 inch tires. thats a big difference in tire size for that truck. does anybody know if i can keep the same gears or if im going to have to upgrade. i have an 8.8 diff but i cant remember the gear ratio.
 
i had 3.55 gears in my 86, went with 35 bfg a/t for about a week, gas millage fell out the ass, lost a lil on low end.
 
last summer i put a 4 inch lift and 33's on my 94 f150xl 4x4 302 5.0. the stock tire size for that truck was 29's. now i want to add a 3 inch body lift and put on 35 inch tires. thats a big difference in tire size for that truck. does anybody know if i can keep the same gears or if im going to have to upgrade. i have an 8.8 diff but i cant remember the gear ratio.
I HAD A '96 WITH A 300 AND A 5 SPEED. i PUT A 6" AND A 3" AND RAN 35" TSL'S ON 14 WIDES. IT HAD STOCK 3.55'S AND i DEFINATLY LOST GAS MILEAGE AND POWER. I PUT 4.56'S IN IT AND WOW... WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I KNOW MONEY IS TIGHT NOWADAY'S BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, THAT WILL BE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE YOU CAN MAKE. OH, I DON'T RECOMEND 14" WIDE WHEELS ON TTB, I DID GO THROUGH ALOT OF WHEEL BEARINGS... BUT IT DID LOOK GOOD! GOOD LUCK
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top