your 94 has a 8.8" rearend. as for the gear ratio crawl under and find the tag on one of the diff. bolts. it'll have like 355 (3.55 ratio) or 3L55 (3.55LS ratio). your parts 88 will also ave the 8.8" rearend that'll slide right under if the same gear ratio. the only i'm not sure on if the 88 has the ABS/speed sencor in the rear which the 94 will need for the speedo to work. hope this helps
i'd first check to see if the 88 has the sencor first. because most 8.8's have it. i'm not 100% sure but if the 88 has a OD tranny they have the sencor. but if not and the 88 has the same gear ratio swap the guts in it. but check around to see if 88 has the ABS/speedo port.
Well I guess I luck out the parts truck does have the avv/abs? sensor on it,checked the codes and they match up. Thanks for the help I would've been screwed because I had it all apart before I look for the sensor
JFR