93 Bronco Harsh Ride!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shivesy
  • Start date Start date
S

Shivesy

Guest
I have a 93 Ford Bronco that is all stock and rides alot harsher than I think it should. The trim screws inside are falling out due to the jolts from normal driving around town. I have put shocks on from Midas and the tires are stock size, Michelins with 32lbs of air in them. I had a 4W/D shop check the body mounts and they said everything was tight. Any suggestions on why I would get such hard jolts over small bumps in the road? The Bronco has 177,000 miles on it. My son and I are going to use this Bronco as a project truck in about a year. Thanks!!
 
I'd check the condition of the front springs. The have a tendency to weaken. Replacing them is a relatively simple job. You should also check the rear leaf springs.

Good luck, :)>-
 
i have the same problem. I think mines doe to the trim for the top being taken off and the scews are kind of woren out. if they're in metal try lock tight.
 
Broncos ride harsh, especially if you have the 5 leafs in the back. I do and i bought some Edelbrock performer IAS shocks. they have a valve in them that change the dampening in them automatically. about 60 to 80$ a piece and i needed 6 of them but they are well worth the money. That could also make a difference, if you have 2 shocks in front or 4.
 
shocks from midas would be the problem, ride quality is always linked to shocks. gas shocks are more $$$ but way better than oem
 
I definitely think it's a problem with the shocks. The cheap ones do not last more than a few months before wearing out. Try something like the Pro Comp ES 3000/9000 or Rancho 5000/RSX. They are about $40 each but all carry a lifetime/1,000,000 mile warranty and offer a good ride. I have the Skyjacker Hydros and a full polyurethane bushing kit (suspension and body), and the ride is firm but not teeth-rattlin'!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top