93 302 misses at low rpm when crusing

93Flareside302

New Member
Hey dude's, i've been reading these posts for a while now and decided to create my own. There are some smart people out there that might be able to help me out with my problem. I have a 1993 Flareside with a 302. K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series muffler and i had recently replaced the stock manifolds with new headers from summit racing. But since the new addition, the truck misses at a low rpm when accelerating in 3rd and expesially 4th gear. I'll be crusin down the strip at 55 and step on it a little, and the engine seems to hesitate and miss until it gets to a higher rpm at around 1900 or 2100rpms. I herd that backpressure might be the problem but not total sure. I'm a diehard Ford man and this truck is my life and i hate to see it struggle like this, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
clap.gif
 
93Flareside302 said:
Hey dude's, i've been reading these posts for a while now and decided to create my own. There are some smart people out there that might be able to help me out with my problem. I have a 1993 Flareside with a 302. K&N cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series muffler and i had recently replaced the stock manifolds with new headers from summit racing. But since the new addition, the truck misses at a low rpm when accelerating in 3rd and expesially 4th gear. I'll be crusin down the strip at 55 and step on it a little, and the engine seems to hesitate and miss until it gets to a higher rpm at around 1900 or 2100rpms. I herd that backpressure might be the problem but not total sure. I'm a diehard Ford man and this truck is my life and i hate to see it struggle like this, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
clap.gif

[snapback]16854[/snapback]​
My F-100 did the almost same thing after I dropped the 428 into it. It never misses, but it bucks and carries on at a low rpm in 3rd gear. It could be exhaust back pressure. My old engine never did that and the old engine had stock exhaust manifolds. But like your truck, as soon as mine gets to about 1800 rpms, it runs great.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top