tumblemoose
New Member
Battery cables were corroded at the terminals, cleaned em up. Finally started after a jump.
I noticed the voltmeter on the dash was waving wildly back and forth towards 18, the engine idle was normal.
Decided to put a load on, so I fired up the A/C and turned the fan on. Gauge steadied and went to center. Later that day the truck started fine but still had the wavering vm. Went out today - the battery is dead again and it would not start.
Could anyone please narrow this down for me?
I noticed the voltmeter on the dash was waving wildly back and forth towards 18, the engine idle was normal.
Decided to put a load on, so I fired up the A/C and turned the fan on. Gauge steadied and went to center. Later that day the truck started fine but still had the wavering vm. Went out today - the battery is dead again and it would not start.
Could anyone please narrow this down for me?