92 Bronco Eddie Bauer

  • Thread starter Thread starter vkipp
  • Start date Start date
V

vkipp

Guest
I had been investigating two noises, a loud noise in cab while driving (I think it was coming from under and rear of driver), and a loud exhaust, not quite metalic roughness (at start up, but goes away after about 5 min).

Then yesterday after not driving for a week, and running the fuel nearly empty (27.1 gal on fill-up), I was getting ready to go to work and after about 100 yards it stalled out on me. Engine Check light came on. I let it sit for a second cranked it up and tried again. RPMs gauge was bouncing around, and then it stalled out again. AFter about 10 min of going through the same process I shifted into 2nd and was able to limp home. Check Engine light on the whole time.

Liquid levels are good before, during and after. I drove it the day before with no problems.

What can it be? I think maybe something in my fuel line or injectors due to my low fuel. but then why not problems the first day, and why 2nd gear operating ok.

I am starting to think that what ever one of the noises was, it got worse.

Help me out if you can.
 
BigNasty,

re "It needs gas" What do you thinkg is keeping the 27.2 gallons from the fillup from getting to the engine?
 
i've always been told that running on empty or close too is a bad thing, especialy on older vehicles. alot of s__t accumulates in the tank and when you run close to empty clogs the filter. you may want to check that
 
Then main reason it is bad to run all the way empty is the fuel pump will get hot and it tends to shorten the life of them.
 
I have to agree with tagto, check your filters (if there are two of them) and if that does not work, check your lines. I had a Cutlass that I always ran low on gas and went through 3-5 filters per month. I now have an 02 Impala that ran low and ended up replacing the whole fuel lines and pump. (Pump overheated and fuel lines were full of sh*t). That is a Chevy for ya...its the wife's car. :-& :blush:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top