Jarnold9223
New Member
Hello all
This is my first post here and sadly I have a deadline fast approaching for this project so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I bought an RV in January to restore for the upcoming Indy 500. When I bought it, it ran great. On my way home though, it started sputtering and would no longer run. Had to tow it home. . . Since then it's gone through an overhaul. On the motor I have replaced plugs, wires, distributor, PCM, cleaned throttle body, dropped and cleaned tank, new fuel pump, blew out fuel lines, new o rings on injectors, and fuel filter. I don't think I'm forgetting anything but I will update as I recall.
When starting it generally won't have a problem. Once it starts it'll idle forever, just rough. Throttle response is most of the time laggy and seems unresponsive. It is smoking quite a bit but would expect after it sat for 3+ years. Also the smoke doesn't smell like oil. Smells pretty normal.
The only other symptom that I have is that whenever it's running and I unplug the MAP sensor it idles absolutely wonderfully. Can rev up and no problems whatsoever except that when you drop into drive it'll die.
Sorry for the lengthy post but I figured I would be thorough. Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
This is my first post here and sadly I have a deadline fast approaching for this project so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I bought an RV in January to restore for the upcoming Indy 500. When I bought it, it ran great. On my way home though, it started sputtering and would no longer run. Had to tow it home. . . Since then it's gone through an overhaul. On the motor I have replaced plugs, wires, distributor, PCM, cleaned throttle body, dropped and cleaned tank, new fuel pump, blew out fuel lines, new o rings on injectors, and fuel filter. I don't think I'm forgetting anything but I will update as I recall.
When starting it generally won't have a problem. Once it starts it'll idle forever, just rough. Throttle response is most of the time laggy and seems unresponsive. It is smoking quite a bit but would expect after it sat for 3+ years. Also the smoke doesn't smell like oil. Smells pretty normal.
The only other symptom that I have is that whenever it's running and I unplug the MAP sensor it idles absolutely wonderfully. Can rev up and no problems whatsoever except that when you drop into drive it'll die.
Sorry for the lengthy post but I figured I would be thorough. Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!