91 7.5 fuel problem

budeh

New Member
Last week I bought a 91 F250 with a 7.5 engine. The day of purchase I drove the truck 200 miles and everything was fine. The next morning it started fine, was sitting idling for about 5 minutes, then died and would not restart. I made sure it had fuel in both tanks, still no start. I disconnected the filter and determined it isnt pumping fuel(when I squirt gas in intake it trys to start until gas is gone). I replaced fuel pump relay, still nothing. When I use jumper wire at relay the pump runs and pushes gas thru filter but engine still will not fire. What do I try next?? Could it be the EEC relay that is located right next to the fuel pump relay? I can't find any other fuses, relays , or filters in the system. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top