'88 F150 4wd conversion

byrdseye

New Member
Is the '88 F150 2wd frame the same or at least the same width as a 4wd frame of the same vintage? I want to consider converting a 2wd into a 4wd as it would be much more use to me here in the mountains. Yes, I know it's a fool's errand and much easier to sell the 2wd and buy a 4wd but this truck was my grand father's and I want to keep it as well as use it! ( solid axle swap is what I would really like to do) Fab work such as crossmembers, mounts etc.....is no big deal. Any suggestions?
thanks B)
 
Welcome to the Zone!
clap.gif


I wish I could give you a definite answer but I'm not 100%. With that said...
I think it will work, the frames should be close enough. You will most likely need to do some fab work but again I "THINK" it will work. I hope someone can confirm my info for you.

Good Luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top