'88 Bronco, 302, Engine Dies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orionn
  • Start date Start date
O

Orionn

Guest
I am looking at buying this truck, so I really cant get to it to diagnose it, the engine just stops running after about 30 min or so. just shuts down. It wont start again till its cooled off 30-45 min later.

things that I can think of:
Fuel pump/filter
Ignition Modual(TFI? I think)
Pick-up coil
broken wire/bad conection somewhere that gets warm.

Its a 5spd, 302 V8, base model.

Its in great shape, very little rust and its all original, they want $1500 for it, is it worth buying and fixing or what?

I need to know soon, I dont want to miss the chance if its worth getting.

I searched for this and got some decent hits, most saying to switch to the MSD ignitions, but I am not sure thats an option for the '88 and up models.

Anyone have more info on this?
thanks :)
 
pick up coil would be what i would put my $ on i've seen a few ford of that vintage with that prob would run fine most of the then and just quit no sputter nothing just quit
 
Forgot to comment on, "Is it worth it?". Most definately, infact maybe you can get it a little cheeper due to it's current running condition, offer $1,000.

good luck,

:)>-
 
I thought it may be the pickup coil.

The $1500 is what I was offered as a purchase price, with the problem. I may be able to get it a bit less. its at a used car dealership, asking price right now is $1950, as is, it was $4950 4 months ago. they just want it gone.

It runs great, starts imediatly, no smoke, clean (southern truck)...going to go talk to them again today.

thanks guys. :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top