87 Fsb Rear Driveshaft

  • Thread starter Thread starter dasilvalucas
  • Start date Start date
D

dasilvalucas

Guest
o-k, my driveshaft is trashed and a shop said they could fix it for a couple hundred bucks. am i better off replacing it? and is there one off of another year bronco that will work? i have a 87 302 with AOD A/T.
 
I would think a used shaft out of any bronco with the same t-case/tranny combo you have would fit. Just measure what you have and find a match at the pick-n-pull.
 
I got a rebuilt one from Ford for my 90 Bronco.....$500 bucks!!! good luck with that
 
yeah I would go to your local junkyard and get from their, I don't think you want to spend $500 bucks on a new one.
 
yup hit your local bone yards and look for the tanny and t/case as stated before and get the drive line
 
:o I wouldnt try the junk yard. Have you ever seen what happens to a drive shaft after a truck/bronco is picked up by a forklift?....not prett. 9 out of 10 times it's bent. If its in a junkyard you might be buying what you already have. The Ford dealer will hit you hard. I have mine custom made. Your local 4x4 shop should be able to tell you where you can go to get one made. Its not cheap but it should be cheaper than the dealership. Keep in mind that the rear shaft should be balanced....if not you will have a massive vibration at high speeds. Jason 89 bronco :)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top