87 f150 igniton

Kev150XLT

New Member
So my 87 f150s lock cylinder has always been broken. I rigged a button to the starter, so what i had to do is turn the key all the way and just the accessories turn on then push harder for the ignition [coil] the i hit the button. Then it became a pain because sometimes I'd have to play with the lock cylinder before the ignition [coil] wants to come on, just the accessories come on. Now today no matter how much I play with it I cant get anymore than just the accessory to come on.

I wonder if there is a way to just work around it all without having to replace the lock cylinder and whatever else i need because I'll admit I dont know alot about that.

Maybe rig the accessories wire to a switch, then the ignition [coil] wire to a switch. then hit the button to start?


I know how to set the whole system up because I've done it with a pontiac grand prix. But I'm new to fords and I'm not sure of where or what color the wires are.

Thanks Kevin 417162_1850105867948_1699770146_882037_62402735_n (1).jpg
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top