85 Bronco

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
I looked at a 85 Bronco for sale for $400 but the main wiring harness is slightly melted.
It runs decent and all the lights work. I would think it had some high amperage and will continue to heat up until the harness fails.
Its been sitting for a year or so also. I think a new harness is $1000 but to install it might be more work than its worth. What do you think? The price is right for another off road beater!
 
I'd go for it :)
The last 400 dollar car I had lasted me over 5 years :)

Even then, 400 for the truck, a grand for the harness and you have something that is a lot less that most I see for sale and many in worse shape :)
 
You betchya!! I'd take it in a heart beat. Would just love another project vehicle, but not sure how my wife would feel, actually I might find a cot out next to it. :lol:

Good luck

:)>-
 
It might be worth it for parts, if it's in fair shape. A shop in town has an 84/85 for sale for $250. It looks like it's been to Mexico and back 100 times, and has not been sold yet in 4 months. The scrap metal/salvage yard might give you a little for it, more if it has a title. I paid $300 for my 84, and also gave $300 for the 88 parts Bronco. Both have good body panels and little rust, so that's what I look at. The 88 had a broken right hub and no title, the 84 had a blown engine. But both were driven up to when they broke, and the other parts of the drivetrain worked. As a 'forinstance' ifyou think you might want to buy it and part it out, the axles, t-case, tranny and motor are worth about $200 each as long as they aren't obviously damaged or otherwise locked up. Look it over and be frugal!!!
 
Take it man...beside a new harness is not that hard to install...even if you use it as a parts truck, its worth it..i would take it..if you do get it...keep us posted... <):)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top