85 Bronco Wont hold a charge

amnusa

New Member
I have a 1985 Full-size Bronco and about 2 weeks ago my battery went dead. I imediatly replaced the battery and then a couple days later I replaced the altenator. That still didn't fix my problem so, I changed my voltage regulator and my starting solenoid and the battery again. This still hasn't fixed my problem. If someone could please help me that would be great b/c I'm completely lost and I'm on the verge of giving up. Thanks!
 
Have you tried to see if you are loosing voaltage throught the negative battery terminal?
disconect your negative battery cable from the terminal and hook a test light between them. (I believe this is correct) If the light lights up then you are loosing juice from your battery. I would check all of your positive terminal conections: battery, starter cylinoid, starter cable, and make shure they are not grounding to the truck frame.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top